Saturday, January 30, 2010

Small World........

Wednesday -

I'm out at the bars because I don't have to work in the morning. A few hours into the evening, while talking to my friends, a guy approaches me. We have a short conversation, but it was obvious that there was no form of chemistry. NADA. What does he do? He asks for my number. He's in town for a few days, and wants to go out.

Does anyone else understand this concept? No chemistry = please let me have your number. However, I was nice enough to give him my number just so he could leave me alone and let me be with my friends.

Thursday -

I get a text message from the guy. It says something along the lines of "Sorry I was so drunk last night.... Wanna go out this weekend?"

I ignore it.

Friday -

Once again, out at the bars. I run into my friend Taylor, who invites me out to meet some friends of his. I accept!

We enter the bar, and Taylor starts introducing me to his friends.

"Sarah, this is my friend ******. He's visiting in town for a few days."

It was the guy I met at the bar on Wednesday.




The world works in mysterious ways........

2 comments:

Sara said...

Brutal!

This only reinforces my resolution to move to a much larger city after I graduate.

Sarah said...

Seriously! I thought Indianapolis was larger than that...apparently NOT.